Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The day after

So today is the day after the first workout of my P90X program. I am going to have to say, I feel sore today.  lol 

The workout was tough but I think in the end it will be worth it. The "chest and back" workout consisted of many different sets and types of push ups and pull ups. Of course I did not do as many as they did on the DVD but I was told you just need to do as much as you can/feel comfortable with then try to beat it next time.

Here is a brief overview of what I was instructed to do for this video:
  1. 5-6 minutes of stretching exercises.
  2. 30 minutes of alternating push up and pull up exercises
  3. 2 minutes break
  4. Do the 30 minutes of alternating push up and pull up exercises again.
Because I was out of breath after the fist session of 30 minutes, I did not attempt the second session.

According to the workout regimen, you also need to do the "ab ripper" exercise on day one.
I was able to work my way though this one but of course at a much slower pace.

All in all it was a good workout and I am looking forward to day 2.

1 comment: